Solar Power has many Financial Benefits, and these are often the biggest catalyst for change in the United States, not the love for the environment. Like it or not, money does make life more comfortable, and everyone from individuals to corporations is searching for ways to make more and spend less. There is no question that solar power is sustainable energy that is safer for the environment, but what may help to propel it into mainstream society is how beneficial it is to the wallet.
Energy Savings for All
After the initial investment of installation, the reduction in utility bills in these households is substantial. Also, when solar energy remains unused, the excess power returns to the power company itself. These energy savings helps to reduce energy company expenses, and potentially drops rates for all utility customers.
Reduction in Government Expenses
The use of solar power in government buildings and on military equipment like submarines lowers operating costs. The U.S. military has pledged to receive 25 percent of their energy needs from solar power by 2025. Since the U.S. taxpayer is footing the bill for the military, this type of program benefits all citizens.
Creating New Jobs
The solar industry is creating jobs 20 times faster than all other industries combined. The variety of work is amazing and includes :
- High-tech positions like research and development
- Hands-on skilled tradespeople for installation and service
- Administrative and clerical work for the companies that manufacture, distribute and sell these products.
- Software companies that enable high tech savings calculators and analysis tools for customer acquisition
- Businesses that produce and ship the raw materials and provide education and advertising for the industry are also benefiting.
By 2013 173,807 people were employed in the solar industry, and it has continued to grow since that time.
Every homeowner will eventually benefit from the advancements made in the solar industry. Those owners who are ready to begin receiving those benefits today should contact us to learn more about how they can start converting their own home to solar power.